Ten Science Fiction Books That Should Be Movies | fuzztime.com
The above site listed the ten science fiction books that blog author thought ought to be made into movies.
His criteria was that they had to be: stories he liked; stories he thought would translate into film (though some might be a stretch). There are a number brilliant science fiction stories that he feels just wouldn’t work in movie format. He says that he admits that he might have stretched that criteria. He tried to pick stories that have not been made into a movie previously and that as far as he knows are not currently in production.
I've read all of these books and have to agree with him on the selections.
1. Foundation by Isaac Asimov
2. Ringworld by Larry Niven
3. Childhood’s End by Arthur C Clarke
4. The Forever War by Joe Haldeman
5. The Mote in God’s Eye by Niven & Pournelle
6. A Fire Upon the Deep by Vernor Vinge
7. Night’s Dawn Trilogy - Peter F. Hamilton
8. Sundiver by David Brin
9. Stainless Steel Rat by Harry Harrison
10. Player of Games by Iain M. Banks